The 94th Battalion (New Ontario), was an infantry battalion of the Great War Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF). The 94th Battalion was authorized on 22 December 1915 and embarked for Britain on 28 June 1916, where, on 18 July 1916, its personnel were absorbed by the 17th Reserve Battalion, CEF and the 32nd Battalion, CEF, to provide reinforcements for the Canadian Corps in the field. The 94th Battalion recruited in Port Arthur, Fort William, Kenora, Rainy River, Fort Frances and Dryden, Ontario and was mobilized at Port Arthur. The battalion disbanded on 27 July 1918.
Looking Back – 94th Battalion
The 94th Battalion is featured in two Looking Back articles: April 1, 1987 and November 7, 2010. Full text of these articles can be accessed on microfilm at the Brodie Resource Library.